- Add to collection
- Add an item to one of your personalised collections (you need to be registered and
logged in to do this).
- A group of items belonging to one of the collections of the Bodleian Library
- The language in which the item is written
- A description of an item.
- Multipage objects
- An item which includes a large number of pages, such as a book or manuscript.
This is indicated by a multipage icon next to the first page of the item in the search results.
- My Collections
- You can build your own custom collections if you are registered and logged in to
- Narrow your search
- Restrict your search to a smaller set of results by adding additional search
- Post to Facebook
- Post a link to an item on Facebook (you need a Facebook account to do this).
- Private Notes
- You can enter your own notes about an item if you are registered and logged in. No-one
else can see your private notes.
- You can enter notes and comments for others to see.
- Recent searches
- A list of searches that you have recently carried out
- You need to register in order to create personal collections and add private notes.
You can register using a number of social media platforms, or via the Digital.Bodleian interface.
- Search Results
- The list of items corresponding to the search terms you entered
- The topic of the item
- A non-hierarchical keyword or term assigned to an item. This kind of metadata helps
describe an item and allows it to be found again by browsing or searching. Tags are
chosen informally and personally by the item's viewers, to form a collective
classification of the item.
- Post a link to an item on Twitter (you need a Twitter account to do this).